It has been official: Sean Lowe is the new bachelor.
ABC announced earlier last week, that Sean who competed for Emily Maynard’s heart on “The Bacherotte” has been cast as “The Bachelor.”
The 28-year-old Dallas “businessman and entrepreneur” who made it to the final three in the last season of “The Bachelorette” has decided it is the right time for him to make the “ultimate commitment to the right woman and to start his own family.”
“The Bachelor” returns to ABC for its 17th season in January 2013.
More TV News…
- Lifetime has announced the cast of “Project Runway All Stars Season 2.” The 13 former contestants competing are : Wendy Pepper (Season 1); Andrae Gonzalo (Season 2); Uli Herzner and Kayne Gillaspie (Season 3); Suede Baum (Season 5); Althea Harper (Season 6); Emilio Sosa (Season 7); Ivy Higa, Cassanova and Peach Carr (Season 8); and Laura Kathleen, Joshua McKinley and Anthony Ryan Auld (Season 9). Carolyn Murphy will replace Angela Lindvall as host. The “All Stars Season” premieres Oct. 25 at 9 pm.
- “Friday Night Lights” and “Parenthood” executive producer Jason Katims is developing an “About A Boy” TV show for NBC. The half-hour comedy is based on Nick Hornby’s novel and the 2002 movie is about a young man’s (played by Hugh Grant) relationship with a boy. [Deadline]
- CMT has ordered a 10-episode season of “DOG.” The reality series follows Dog, Duane Chapman and Beth Chapman’s “journey into the American heartland” as they work to aid other bail bondsmen and bounty hunters in their day-to-day struggles to catch fugitives. [Huff Post TV]
- Funny woman Tina Fey is staying with NBC/Universal TV. Fey has signed a four-year deal with Universal TV to create new shows and possibly star in new projects. [Variety]
- The CW new series “Emily Owens M.D.” is debuting two weeks before its scheduled Oct. 16 premiere. Beginning tomorrow, Monday, Oct. 1, the series’ pilot will be available on the net via The CW’s official website, Facebook, Twitter, iTunes, YouTube and the network’s various apps.
- “Oh Sit!” and “Breaking Pointe” have been renewed by The CW.
- “Small Town Security” has been renewed by AMC, for a second season to premiere in 2013.
- TNT renews “Franklin & Bash” for a third season.
- You don’t have to wait until Oct. 17 to take a peek at “Asylum.” Watch the video below to find out what’s going on behind-the-scenes in the “Asylum.” “American Horror Story: Asylum” premieres Oct. 17 at 9/8c on FX.
- Fall premieres continue this week Sept. 30 – Oct. 5
Sun., Sept 30. 7-8 p.m.
- “Bob’s Burgers” (Fox)
- American Dad (Fox)
Tues., Oct. 2, 7-8 p.m.
Wed., Oct. 3, 8-9 p.m.
Thurs., Oct. 4, 7-7:30 p.m.
Whew! A ton of shows premiere tonight, which series are you watching tonight and this week? Drop a comment below.
That’s all for this week folks!